Monday, August 4, 2008

A delightful distraction


This week will be full of scientific papers, trial data presentations, running between concurrent sessions, workshops, client dinners, etc. etc. It is the annual national Conference of one of our largest client groups & is being held here in Adelaide. I've decided to check-in to the Conference hotel & stay in the city for the week, to avoid the continual travel back & forth from Stirling after late nights & early mornings. However, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to skip all that & enjoy this lovely table with good friends & a wonderful long lunch!

7 comments:

  1. Hope the week goes well! - and given the weather I think you definitely made the right choice in staying in town to avoid all that wet weather travelling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a week you have ahead of you.... so different to mine, being Mum to 2 kids home from school. What a beautiful image, I'll meet you there for lunch today, in between your appointments and conference sessions! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy week ahead! I agree with A-M...we can all meet there for lunch!! x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun!! The table setting is beautiful. I would love to come. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in too please! What a lovely way to do lunch, I can almost smell those flowers. I'm guessing that there won't be that much pink at your conference! Hope the week goes well.
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a busy week! Today is my first day of vacation...I'll go to the beach...a bit of rest after a long year of work...I need it! Wonderful summer table...I'd like to sit there enjoying a good dinner!
    Have a nice week!
    Vale

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree about skipping it all for lunch with friends- what I would give to do that... :) BTW- my mother-in-laws name is Miffie- so I just love your name- Millie! ;)

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails