Monday, September 29, 2008

Water Baby












Images Rill Decker

After the expansive & OTT luxury of Friday's post, Monday calls for something a little different. This cute weekend cabin sits overlooking a lake just out of D.C. The before & after shots of the exterior are quite amazing! I love the way the owners could see the potential of this magical setting & create a cosy, welcoming family retreat from a pretty 'ordinary' structure.

The treatment of the preparation bench in the kitchen is really interesting. I couldn't quite warm to it at first glance, with the juxtaposition of 2 very different cabinetry styles, but the more I look, the more I like! A delightfully simple & honest weekender that really does deliver the goods.

5 comments:

  1. A weekender that I would be more than happy to live at during the week as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Millie, I love how you showed the before shot - not many people would attempt to renovate that but they have made it stunning! What a view !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a change! I would be happy to spend a summer there. Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with you on that kitchen island. Amazing. Thanks for sharing, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing transformation! Great place to enjoy weekends and holidays.

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails