Friday, December 9, 2011

Down The Garden Path

MOTH told me I had to wander down to the Tennis Court early this morning as there was a surprise for me. His girls the Christmas & Oriental Lillies are starting to bloom, with the yellow Orientals beating their Christmas sisters by at least 3 weeks.

They are so strong & vigorous this year & are taller than me (but that's not saying much!). Whatever secret MOTH concoction he's put on them has worked I reckon.

I was surprised to see these beauties as well. MOTH had a client who didn't want them any more in her garden, so MOTH's dug them out & adopted them. I did suggest that in this early phase of his crook back recovery & return to a few hours work a day he remain vigilant about any heavy lifting. I can see that suggestion was taken on board - NOT. I thought that a freezing cold Adelaide Hills Winter wouldn't be the best for the Dracenas, but then I looked at the Oriental Lillies & figured they do OK.

His spud patch is coming along well. It's full of his favourite Tasmanian Pink Eyes. If you've never tasted them do yourself a favour & hunt them down, they truly are the King of Spuds. Thanks to everyone who left kind comments on yesterday's post. I really have run out of emotional steam & am so looking forward to restoking my coals tomorrow & Sunday. Its the weekend my friends, go enjoy!

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. How beautiful Millie! Thanks for sharing with us your sweet surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know....
    it looks pretty fab to me.
    moth is alright!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are absolutely gorgeous and so healthy looking. Oriental lilies ate my all time Favourite flower. And the Dracena Marginatas have great architectural value for inside. Hope you have a restful weekend after your week from hell.

    Jennifer xx

    PS. Orange ain't in my top of the charts either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Millie I adore lilies of almost any kind!! Beautiful!

    The 12 Days of Holiday Giveaways!! The French Basketeer has a special offering right now and there are more gifts open to enter!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful...what a wonderful surprise. Hope you have a great weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Millie, your garden is beautiful. Yellow lillies... my absolute favourite! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lilies are my favourite flowers Millie ... and these are just gorgeous and vibrantly yellow!

    What a shame I'm missing my catch up with George C (ha, ha) ... and I really do hope the weather warms up!

    Happy holidays to you and your family.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL plants... summertime coming soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing colour lilies Millie, (there's a poem in there somewhere!). So sorry to hear that your job is getting the better of you and that you have family worries, I hope that trip to the store bucked up your spirits and that you are now feeling cheered.
    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's in the soil down there Millie? Everything's flourishing beautifully. Maybe that's portentious?? Perhaps 2012 will be a flourishing year for the Laurel Hedge too? Hope all is okay with you and your lovely ones. Meredy xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhhh -it must be christmas, the lillies are out at the laurel hedge!

    Hope some retail therapy at BBD did the job - its really concerned me that this change in jobs has been so horrid - you certainly don't deserve any of it Miss M.

    Sending you lots of love and thinking of you always x

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails